05 Mayıs 2013

WHOEVER YOU ARE



Pleasure and fear. These two emotions are the ones that trigger our decisions, which are either made deliberately or impulsively. This means that if you are about to take action concerning any issue, your action will eventually result in getting pleasure from what you are doing, or relieving the fear inside and getting rid of it at the end of it all. 

Therefore, in case someone around me treats me or another person in a way that I cannot figure out, I try to answer the question whether there is pleasure or fear underneath that sort of behavior. If that person exhibits such unfavorable behavior due to a certain fear, I give them a chance and may try to understand.  Sometimes my friends ask me how I can be so understanding despite the negative behavior I have encountered. They lack the ability to see that persons fears lying underneath. For me, it is unfavorable to punish a person who actually fears.

However, in case there exists a sort of pleasure underneath that sort of behavior, and in case some people are harmed by this, that person must be terminated immediately: you may leave them where they are and exclude them from your personal life. The wall they view as transparent turns into one that is solid concrete.

Do you know what really intrigues me? In primitive societies, people could easily treat others badly, or give them harm by oppressing them just for the sake of pleasure. However, in todays world, whoever oppresses others mostly do this due to their fears. Now, shall we feel happy because humankind have gotten rid of its sadistic tendencies or lament the fact that it has tumbled into a life led in herds, without any self confidence at all?

This issue is deeper than it seems, so I will be discussing it in more detail in the long run. Let us face our fears, for there is no one amongst us who does not have any. Whoever you are.